Hey 👋! My name is...
James David Finch.
Transforming businesses with innovative and secure IT solutions.
As a former front-end developer turned cyber security engineer, I specialize in Unix systems and cyber security. Skilled in Craft CMS, Tailwind, NPM, and Webpack, I bring a passion for problem-solving and continuous learning to any team.
What I Do
Web & Software Development
- Building responsive commercial sites using Craft CMS.
- Building robust, one of a kind systems utilising PHP & MySQL.
- Maintain and moderate projects with GitHub & Atlassian suite.
Systems & Infrastructure
- Deploying & configuring cloud servers/bare-metal linux servers.
- Deploying & configuring web hosting environments.
- Database management using Mongo, Redis & MySQL.
Where I've Worked
Product Support Engineer @Proofpoint
June 2023 - August 2023
- Delivered outstanding Tier 1 technical support to administrators and enterprise-level partners, promptly resolved complex issues through effective communication channels such as phone, web-based tools, and email.
- Leveraged my expertise in email systems, networking, and cybersecurity to analyze and troubleshoot software problems, ensuring accurate and efficient resolutions.
- Acted as a trusted advisor to customers, offered guidance on the optimal utilization of our products, and addressed specific systems issues to enhance their overall experience.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams and served as a liaison between customers and various support tiers, managed product escalations, and facilitated seamless installations and configurations.
Want to talk?
get in touch
While I’m not currently seeking new opportunities, I appreciate your interest in my work. If you’d like to chat or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You can reach me directly by clicking the button below. Alternatively, if you prefer to chat informally, feel free to drop me a message on my LinkedIn.Say Hello